How to install and run Fugger 2 on Rasperry Pi
Due to the fact that was not able to find a manual for this ... I had to google a bit etc. ... and here we are.
I´m also sure that there are other ways to make it work - but that´s the way it worked for me.
- Raspberry Pi with Raspian OS
- connected via keyboard (with F1-F12 keys)
- connected via mouse/trackball/...
- Fugger 2 files
- Start raspian console
sudo apt-get install dosbox
If German or other not-english keyboard enter:
then "nano dosbox-0.74.conf" and
change entry (e.g. for German keyboard):
- Copy fugger files to new created directory /home/pi/dosgames/fugger2
- Enter "startx" to start graphical desktop (starting dosbox/fugger2 via console didn´t work - after the intro + ESC it was crushed...)
- Go to "Execute" (don´t know if this is the right english word - in German it´s "ausführen") and enter "dosbox"
- After dosbox has started enter in dosbox:
"mount c /home/pi/dosgames"
to mount the formerly created directory as drive C
(you can also add this command to the end of the prevoiusly mentioned dosbox-074.conf - than you don´t have to enter it every time)
- Then "c:" to go to (DOS-)drive C
- Then enter the fugger2 directory with "cd fugger2"
- And fInally "fugger2" to start the fugger2.exe
- I also changed the raspberry /boot/confix.txt to a lower resolution - otherwise the window with dosbox/fugger2 is to small compared to the (here 1920x1080) TV resolution.
I set the framebuffers to 800x600
and in the dosbox config -> fullscreen=true
Last edited: May 01, 2016, 14:17